Sunday 23 September 2012

Aseana Food Village Randwick

After a study session at UNSW, my friends and I decided to drive somewhere nice to eat. My friends were Singaporean so naturally they suggested Aseana Food Village in Randwick, which serves Singaporean/Malaysian/Indonesian food.

My first impression was that it was a casual eating-place- a good place to bring lots of people to. The menu sounded delicious, however if you're not Singaporean, then it can be really difficult deciding. The menu unfortunately did not have many pictures, and the food itself sounded standard. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to ask your waiter for recommendations.



I personally had the chicken rice, which was basically just rice with chicken. However it tasted fantastic. There are so many food flavours in this restaurant. From spicy to sweet, from crunchy to soft.

One dish that I particularly enjoyed was in the dessert menu- Ice Kachang. This is an extremely popular dish in South asian and although a bit pricey ($5, where it would probably be about $2 in Singapore), it was absolutely delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment